What is the importance of a ‘key person’ within a nursery setting?
– Strong bonds between child and staff member to play and confide
– Positive relationships and open communication between parents and practitioners
– Next steps recognised & pushed by the practitioner within the nursery so as the child is appropriately challenged to develop
– Child pushed to meet their full potential and to flourish in life
– To be a trusted and reliable adult besides the child’s parents
– To know their key child inside out so as to recognise differences in behaviour or injuries indicating a flag of a safeguarding concern
– To know and relay into practice dietary and or medical requirements