Nursery Room Leader
- Opening date: Tuesday 28th January 2020
- Deadline for applications: Sunday 1st March 2020
- Salary: 19,000 per annum
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: Elm Park
- Duration: Permament
Little Learners Nursery and Preschool for children aged 3 months- 5 years are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, energetic and committed Nursery Room Leader to come and join our excellent staff team!
We want your early year’s specific skills, your passion, your creativity & determination to make a difference to children’s lives.
Nursery Room Leaders will work up to 40 hours a week, between the Nursery hours of 7.30 am and 6.30 pm, effectively as part of the nursery team, providing a stimulating and caring environment for our pre-school room (aged 3 years to 5 years of age). Supporting team members to provide a high standard of care and education.
Our Nursery values:
The role will involve:
• Being the main contact for the designated Nursery room, working alongside a team of Practitioners to ensure that the room operates smoothly and provides a safe environment for the children within the setting.
• Planning, preparing and participating in a range of activities in line with the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Service) Framework, to promote each child’s physical, intellectual and emotional needs to enable them to reach their full potential, whilst implementing activities which encourage linguistic and social interaction between children and their carers.
• Supporting the Nursery Practitioners and students in the Nursery in the implementation and evaluation of children’s planning and progress.
• Being a key worker for a group of children by observing, monitoring and recording each individual’s development.
• Completing Tapestry entries for children within the setting - observing, monitoring and capturing information and progress which is logged within the individual online learning journals.
The successful applicants will need:
• NNEB / CACHE, BTEC or NVQ in Childcare at Level 3 or above.
• Experience of supervising staff and students – Desirable
• Experience of working with children with special educational needs – Desirable
• Recent experience of working in a care / education early years setting
• Experience of planning, short, medium and long-term plans in an early years setting to meet the needs of both individual children and those in a group setting
• Experience of providing a nursery curriculum for 0-3 and/or 3-5 year olds
• Knowledge / experience of meeting the needs of children and families
• Experience of maintaining accurate records
• The ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds and organisations
• The ability to build relationships with children
• The ability to identify and deal with problems and to know when to refer on
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Staff Benefits available at Little Learners
• Free certificated internal and external training
• Free DBS checks
• 26 flexible Annual Leave dates & paid bank holidays
• At least 25% discount off childcare
• Free uniform
• Employee of the month
• Free home cooked and nutritious food
• Company pension
• Competitive salary
• Opportunity for progression
• Online learning journey key person records
To find out more about the Little Learners Nurseries please visit our website http://www.littlelearners-nurseries.co.uk
If this role is of interest to you please complete the attached application form and return this to firstname.lastname@example.org